IPDG - Dr.P.JAYAPRAKASH,
Rotary International District 3202 Immediate Past District Governor 2016-17
ROTARY CLUB OF KASARAGOD , KERALA, INDIA.
Joined Rotary Club of Kasaragod in 1994. Became Secretary of Kasaragod Club in 1995. [Inducted by Dr. M.R.Nambiar, then Regional Co-ordinator& District Governor Late. Kamaluddin
Joined Rotary Club of Kanhangad in 2000, served in various avenues @ club level, became President of Rotary Club of Kanhangad in 2005-06. Bagged 25 District Awards from the DG. K.S.Pillai, Coimbatore, including Best President Award, Best Secretary Award & Outstanding Rotary Club Award in the District 3200.
- Added & sponsored more than 12 new members.
- Club Bulletin editor thrice, assisted editorial in the Club Souvenir release for fund raising. Assisted in many fund raising programs successfully.
- Conducted many Medical Camps & has used his professional expertise for the benefit of the community.
- Primary contact in two Community service projects done through Matching Grants.
Wife Rtn. Radhika [1995 March] is an active worker of the SWASRAYA – Rotary School for Special Children. She was twice President, assisted actively in fund raising & assisted in starting a Vocation Training School for the children & recently Advanced Vocational Training Centre in the School to enable the children to earn money.
Sons Mr. PRAJWAL is doing BE in Mechanical Engineer & PRANAV in 11th Standard.
He has served as: .
- District Chairman: Family of Rotary – [2006-07]. A well acclaimed District Priority for the Rotarians & Family members. This stayed for three years successively.
- Chairman for the Regional Fellowship Meet – SALLAPAM [Kannur Zone with 22 Clubs with a record 900 registration including family.
- District Chairman: Pain & Palliative Care – [2007 – 08]for Kerala Region.
- Best Assistant Governor [DG. Prakash 2008-09] & also Member – “Know Your Rotary”.
- GSE Team Leader for UNI-VOCATIONAL Doctors team - visited Houston, RI District 5890 [2009-2010]
- District Director General – Community Services- Medical [2009-2010]
- Chariman: Rotary District 3202 Assembly @ Mangalore “ACQUIRE 2009” for DGE.Dr.SAGADEVAN [May 2009]. A record of 942 registrations with good & enthusiastic participation.
- Deputy District Trainer [2010-11]
- Chairman: Rotary District 3202 Conference @ Calicut “SAMAGAMAM” with DG-V.G.Nayanar. Again a record registration & participation of more than 1050. [Feb 2011]
- Kannur Zone Co-ordinator for the GSE Team, COLORADO, USA. [2010-11]
- District Director, Club Service [2011-12]
- District Chairman, RYLA: [2012-13]
- District Sub Committee Chair for Matching Grants [2012-13]
Speaker in many Rotary Forums. Faculty in PETS, District Assembly, District Officers Training meet, Assistant Governors training sessions & TRF Meets. Also GSE Orientation programmes, New Member Orientation.
- Major Donor & also Member, Paul Harris Society.
- Received Pulse Polio Certificate of appreciation from the District & RI.
- Assisted in the formation of two new Clubs: R. C. Bekal Fort & R. C. Midtown Kanhangad.
Born in 1965, native of Manipal, Karnataka
- Primary & early education in Bangalore,
- MBBS from Belgaum & MS – General Surgery from Manipal. Best out-going student in MS.
- After working in Ernakulum, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Kasaragod, now settled in Kanhangad.
- Became Secretary of IMA Kanhangad& was adjudged the BEST SECRETARY in Kerala State & now a candidate for the President of IMA, Kanhangad
- Presently, Operating in SUNRISE Hospital & ARIMALA Hospital.
- Specialized in Gastro-Intestinal Surgery, Laparoscopy & Endoscopy.
- Pioneer in Laparoscopic surgery in Malabar region.
- Life Member of IMA & many affiliations [like Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons Association [ELSA], Association of Surgeons of India [ASI], Hernia Society of India, Gastro-enterology& Endoscopic Association, etc.
- Member of Chamber of Commerce, Arts Forum, Red Cross, etc.
- Past Director of Bekal Club – a premier social club,
- Director, Pavana Group of hotels & THE BELL – Hotel & Convention Centre in Bangalore
2. Cardiovision – A multispeciality lab
…And also a Freemason.
Enjoys Music, Travelling, Socializing & indoor games.